Location: Staffordshire, UK
Summary: We are looking to appoint an Ultrasonic Test Technician with an appropriate electro/mechanical engineering background to be part of a team that designs, develops and manufactures both new and existing products. This is a full time position working from our Cobbett Road, Staffordshire facility.
The key duties include:
• Transducer design
• Transducer development
• Assembly & build.
• Testing to relevant standards such as BS EN ISO 22232-2
The testing of transducers involve the use of electronic equipment to measure key parameters to the relevant standards. These measurements involve the use of Oscilloscopes to evaluate bandwidth, frequency, waveform and other parameters.
Essential skills and attributes: This position would ideally suit candidates with an electronic background and NDT Ultrasonic understanding.
• Knowledge of instrumentation, transducers, UT test equipment and oscilloscopes.
• Knowledge of use and purpose of ultrasonic transducers for non-destructive testing (NDT).
• Knowledge of electrical components, functionality and purpose.
• Good communication skills to articulate the benefits of GBIS products both current and newly designed / developed.
• IT literate (Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD).
• A forward thinker – always wanting to learn new techniques and systems.
• A problem solver – being able to evaluate and solve both internal and Customers’ requirements.
• Quality aware – working to ISO 9001:2015 procedures, overseeing / evaluating any Customer returns or complaints.
If you have the relevant experience and see this exciting career opportunity as the logical next step in an already successful career we want to hear from you.
Submit your application below to GB Inspection Systems Ltd